Semantics

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Semantics
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:43:27 EST
In a message dated 25-Nov-01 14:16:58 Eastern Standard Time,
info@theyeagergroup.com writes:

> I have noted that the means of referencing the TR series seems to have
> changed over time.  I
> have owned a TR-6 for many years and have collected many old reviews, ads,
> etc.  It would
> seem that in the old literature the TRS were referenced in print as TR-4A
> or TR-5 or TR-6
> etc.  However at this point all I see on websites is TR6 etc.  Which is the
> correct or
> preferred way of writing the TR series name at this point in history?
>

> I know this is rather picky but I want to be correct on the our website.
>
> God bless,

Evan, go to the VTR website at www.vtr.org and read the history there.  The
Triumph TR's were made in models TR2, TR3/3A/3B, TR4, TR4A, TR5 (TR250 in N.
America), TR6, TR7, TR8.  This took place from the mid 50's to the early
'80's.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant