Re: Semantics?

Subject: Re: Semantics?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:27:14 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm not certain how one defines "correct", but nowhere in my modest
collection of factory literature (including the commision number plate
on the car) is there a hyphen in the model number.

The biggest curiosity as to how it's written is the later TR3 owner's
manuals, "Practical hints for the maintenance of the Triumph T.R.3",
which seems to imply that "T.R." are the initials for something.  But, I
suspect this just means that Standard-Triumph was not all that careful
about such things, some writer got it wrong and no one thought it worth
correcting.

Another interesting point, we've all heard that the factory never
officially acknowledged a "TR3A" model.  BUT, my factory SPC (USA
edition) is titled "Triumph Sports Car 20 TR2, 3 & 3A models" !

I'll let someone else expound on why "TRS" is not the plural of "TR" <g>
Randall
59 TR3A (no hyphen)