Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:36:33 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Of course, the emissions testing program has yielded no improvement in
>air quality. This was achieved with a great waste of public time and
>money, which is the usual yard stick of bureaucratic success!

The Minnesota legislature figured this out.  They found that most cars
passed the tests and that the air quality was getting better (not worse, as
our our PCA lied to the Feds)  They closed up the smog shops. The air
continues to improve, at least in the factors which the testing addressed.
We never tested 1971 cars here anyway.  1974 was the oldest car tested in
Minnesota.

Solve your smog-testing problem.  Move to Minnesota!