Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:22:48 -0700
Here's an idea.  Buy one of those locking gas caps at one of the
discounters.   Go to a place that will let you try one out until you get one
that fits down into the hole of the filler neck of the stock gas cap and is
just a hair over 5/8 inch thick (the top part that is chrome).  Pull the
guts out of the top of the existing stock cap and try shutting the lid down
while the locking cap is on and snugly fit down into the filler neck.  It
should push the gasket down just enough to fit snugly.

I've had this setup on my 6 since I've owned it and I've been meaning to get
a new gas cap but this works so well that it's moved down on the priority
list.  Plus it looks like there's a "locked" gas cap on there when all you
really have to do is pull on it to get it out since the locking tabs don't
have anything to catch on.  I don't even carry a key for it since it's a
push in and pull out operation.  It's a makeshift idea...but it works for
me.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)