RE: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:20:51 -0800
Doesn't that gasket lay in a groove ?  Just pry out the old gasket, clean
the groove, and fill it level full of red (high temp) RTV (Permatex
Form-a-Gasket).  Smooth the top with a wet finger or old credit card (kept
very wet, so it doesn't stick), and let it dry before trying to close the
cap.  Clean up any smears with a razor blade.  (The red RTV is not for high
temps in this case, but rather because it seems to be tougher and firmer
than the other varieties.)

Or, what I did on my TR3 was to take a rather large O-ring, cut it to size
(at an angle), and superglue the ends together.  Not sure it would pass
emissions, but it seems to work.

Randall