Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....

To: Jim Hill <jrhill@chorus.net>
Subject: Re: Now I realllllly hate emissions testing....
From: Ernest Husmann <chusmann@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 19:36:01 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I should most likely stay quiet on this over worked subject, but I have never
been one to ever follow someone's advise, including my own.

While it is true that in the State of Wisconsin, the seven southeastern counties
do require biannual emissions testing.  Yes there are several means around this
administrative regulation, such as not changing the vehicle, not selling a
modified, registering the vehicle in compliant county, or just move to where
there are no such regulations.

The thing that needs to be done before the "greenies" completely shut down
pleasure vehicles and have us all using mass transit, is to out power the
"greenies".  The Federal government passed all control for environmental issues
to the USEPA, which chose to use Federal funds to blackmail states into passing
clean air regulations, which resulted in most states forming their own "EPA".
This was done with the support of groups like the Sierra Club, Green Peace,
Citizens for a Better Environment (CBE) and politicians like Al Gore.

If we could find someway to lobby the Federal government to ease the controls on
vintage vehicles this would allow a way for the public to enjoy the older cars
in
the manner in which we remember them from our childhood.  At this time, in the
US, we have the perfect administration to do this.

I am not about to say that there are not legitimate concerns regarding air
quality, but how many vehicles; cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc.; over 20 years
of
age are there?  It is likely a larger group than anyone could imagine with our
limited involvement within our own little box.  However, it is very minor when
compared to the mileage driven by cars less than 10 years of age.

My soap box speech.

Ernie Husmann
Grafton, WI