Re: Critters living in the Triumphs

To: Terry Quinn <tmquinn@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Critters living in the Triumphs
From: Robert Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:10:18 -0500
Cc: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Terry Quinn wrote:

>    Does anyone have a workable substance/gadget/mean cat/etc...that would
>keep critters (mice, bigger mice, etc) away from these fine machines....Irish
>Spring doesn't work in barns (where I keep several TR's) . The critters climb
>up into the engine compartment passengers side, flat surface just forward of
>the firewell where I keep the Irish Spring soap.....The critters chew on the
>soap (or bathe with it ), leave small presents in the area, and off they go.
>The interior is safe as far as I know....no tracks or (presents) visible,
>guess because of the steel surroundings. Must have the cleanest critters in
>town...would appreciate any help before winter sets in and they begin to set
>up house next to the engine (and probably start chewing the gas lines for a
>few sips of the high test stuff). It is a true barn...airy, woods, etc....
>   Started taking the keys out of the car in case one of these critters is
>begger than I imagine and would like to take a spin in the car.
>
>This is what's eating at me.....Terry Quinn 6'sX2,TR4,TR250....and mentally
>incapacitated...working on a FULL BOAT....pair 6's, and pair of 4 bodies....

Terry,

This is popular thread this time of year. The popular choice last year
was original "Irish Spring" soap, the green stripped variety. I think
the directions are
 to slice the bar into a cheese cloth bag and place several in seats,
behind seats, engine etc. Anywhere a critter could make a nest. I tried
it last year when I changed from moth balls and didnt have any critter
problem and the car smelled much better in the spring.

Good Luck,

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V