Re: Do I have a solenoid problem?

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Do I have a solenoid problem?
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 09:52:20 -0600
It's your flywheel. The ring gear and the flywheel are two separate pieces
on a TR6. Each time your starter engages it hits the ring gear and pushes
it a tiny amount away from the starter. Eventually (after 100,000 miles or
so) the ring gear is pushed far enough away from the starter to prevent
engagement.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com