RE: Do I have a solenoid problem?

To: "Steve Coupe" <tr6@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Do I have a solenoid problem?
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:29:54 -0500
Steve, I hope the prior posters were or are correct with their diagnosis of
a bad bendix, but I had another experience.  I had a similar sound that
would pop up occasionally.  I hoped it was the starter, but upon removing
the starter and looking at the ring gear on my flywheel my worst fears were
confirmed.  I had to pull the tranny and replace the ring gear.

Easy way to confirm or rule out both is to pull the starter and have it
checked out and while you're at it take a peek at your flywheel.