RE: Clutch shaft removal

To: "KENNETH WARINGA" <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch shaft removal
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:56:22 -0500
Ken,

My pin did not shear off, but I found that the fork fit so tight
on the shaft that I could not move it to the left so that the
shaft could be removed.

The trick I used was to make up some pieces of wood that were
long enough to create a spacer between the RH side of the
bellhousing and then I used a bronze hammer to drift out the
shaft from the fork.  The wood transfers the load from the fork
to the bellhousing.  In order not to take any chances on damaging
the bellhousing... I turned the gearbox casing on its side to
rest on the edge of the workbench surface.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L soon to be "O" - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn
E-Mail: sanborn@net1plus.com