TR3 boot lid brace - upholstery

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 boot lid brace - upholstery
From: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:30:37 -0800
A couple of questions. My boot lid came with an x shaped brace which is
made of tubing maybe 1/2 in. dia. It is flattened in the middle where the
tubes cross and welded and flatened at the ends where it bolts to the boot
lid. This looks like a DPO add on and is unlike other braces I have seen.
Does this sound stock to anyone? Commission no. is 78xxx.
I have seen some reference on the list to upholstery instructions. My car
is completely stripped to bare painted metal so I have no reference to how
it was done originally. I have kits from TRF and Moss for the seats,
interior panels, and carpet but alas no instructions. Anyone remember a
source for instructions? Moss has a video tape for doing the seats in an
AH3000. Has anyone seen it? And if so would it be any help?

Dave