RE: TR3 boot lid brace - upholstery

To: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Subject: RE: TR3 boot lid brace - upholstery
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:32:15 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The cross brace as you described was one of the modifications that took
place at TS60000.  Before that there was a channel type brace welded to the
underside of the lid.  I imagine to cut costs, the separate/bolted tubular
braces were used at the change point.  I I have seen the rubber pieces on
some but not all cars.  I'm not sure if it was a factory, dealer, or owner
applied item.  I would imagine it would eliminate a rattle that might be
present if the bolts were loose and the braces were allowed to vibrate
against the lid.

Carl