Re: Ebay refund protocol

To: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay refund protocol
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:59:48 -0800
Cc: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>, "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>, "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Mark,

I just wanted to say that I think your idea is a pretty darn good one.

My worst experience with eBay was after leaving negative feedback for
someone who ignored my e-mail and failed to deliver the parts I won in the
auction.

About four weeks after the aution ended, I received a card from the widow of
the seller, who enclosed my uncashed check and the mass card from her
husband's funeral, who had been killed by a drunk driver a day or two after
the auction and was unable to ship the parts.  I felt absolutely horrified
and tried to get eBay to remove the negative comment.  "Sorry" they said,
"it's against our policy".  Even though my negative feedback certainly
cannot hurt this gent, it troubled me greatly that eBay would let my
negative feedback stand even after providing substantial proof that the
seller was deceased.  Shame on eBay, and I told them they should re-examine
their policy.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!