Re: list etiquette and wire wheel tape

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, john__matthews@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: list etiquette and wire wheel tape
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:04:40 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/29/2000 3:37:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

<< This is the tape used in lieu of the rubber sleeves that never stay put
 anyway.

 Humbly greateful,
 Dave >>

Dave,

I don't remember if this was the list I saw it discussed on, but I thought
the bottom line was that it was very similar to electrical tape, but wider.

I used electrical tape back in '69 and it worked then.  Should work now I
would think.

Someone also suggested silicone caulk on the end of each spoke, inside the
wheel, to prevent rust from running down the spoke.  I guess this would work
inside the splined hub to prevent grease running out too.

RH