TR4 steering lock

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 steering lock
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:54:14 EST
Brian
I am interested in anything to do with a TR4 steering column lock (how does
it lock onto column inner shaft? can I find a used one? can I make one? is it
aftermarket?, etc.). I have seen one picture somewhere of it on a TR4-A and
not sure if it is stock or optional - oh I think I remember it being stock on
the German shipped cars...
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Subject: Optional steering column lock for TR-4

Up until today I'd only ever seen these in period sales
literature.  I now have a customer that has one and I need to take
it apart so Pete Groh can make me a key for it.  Please respond
off-list if anyone out there has any experience with this item as
I don't want to damage it and it doesn't appear to come apart like
other TR lock assemblies.

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff
Power British