Re: Halogen headlamp upgrade

Subject: Re: Halogen headlamp upgrade
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dbmitch@peoplepc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:58:15 -0500
Hello all,

Thought I would check in on the Halogen headlamp discussion.
I have had Lucas H4s on my Spit since late 1977 or early
1978. (I've owned the car since 1975). Work like a dream.
I still have the original wiring with no relays. The alternator
was replaced in 1979-80, but the replacement handles the
additional draw with no problem. (It is a Lucas).

I will say that I did become disenchanted with the Lucas
lamps this year, as one of them burned out. Really, you'd
think that they would last longer than 22 years.

Cheers,

--
Doug Mitchell
mailto:dbmitch@peoplepc.com