Re: Halogen headlamp upgrade

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Halogen headlamp upgrade
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:22:29 +0000
>I've never really had to use the parking/pilot light, but I guess if I was
>living in a narrow London street it might be.

Neither have I..... we do have street lights ;-)

I guess the lights are universal and as someone suggested they will
act as side lights on cars that don't have separate units. I believe
the US triumphs have amber side/marker lights, which are probably
illegal in the UK. The indicator/side lights on UK TR6's have a clear
lens over the sidelight bulb, thus using the 'pilot' light would be a
duplication.

I had these lights on my car years ago & like many others here
wouldn't want to go back to the original units. I didn't make any
upgrades to the wiring though, anyone had any trouble using the
existing wiring?
--
William Davies
1975 TR6 PI