Re: Halogen headlamp upgrade

To: dstauffa@csc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Halogen headlamp upgrade
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:40:13 FILETIME=[A6B23570:01C054B3]
>Hi listers,
>
>I am going to upgrade to Halogen headlamps on my TR6.  Along with this I
>will install relays and new 14 gauge wiring to support the current load.  A
>new GM alternator is being added and I'm putting a shunt on my ammeter so I
>can use it.
>
>In my search for a supplier of Halogen lamps, I ran across something
>offered by Rimmer Bros that has me confused.  They offer a Halogen lamp
>with a "pilot".  What in the world is a "pilot" - in this context.  We can
>dispense with the airplane jokes!  I've e-mailed Rimmer Bros a couple of
>times to help enlighten me but didn't get much clarification (No offense
>intended towards Rimmers as they are very good about most things).
>
>Can any of you, especially the European listers, explain to me the role or
>purpose of such a "pilot".
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Dave Stauffacher
>Ramona, Ca
>1970 TR6 PI
  Dave Unless you want "the look" of the special halogen lamps, save
  yourself some money and get halogen sealed beam headlights from your
  local auto supply NAPA Pep Boys Auto Zone, whatever. They look like
  what came on the car, but inside the head lamp is a halogen bulb. I
  did this two years ago. I'm really pleased with the brightness and
  especially pleased that I didn't have to spend <$100 to get it.

  Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)