Re: '70 GT6 problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '70 GT6 problems
From: MOWOGMAN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:39:09 EDT
Nathan, My brother in law came to me with the same problem (it was also a
GT6, purely a coincidence!)   After checking out many things, I realized that
one of the carb pistons would not fall correctly in the carb body. So I went
through the whole jet centering ritual to no avail (although this is worth
doing).  Eventually we found one needle was bent preventing the pisotn from
falling.  We were able to straighten it by hand with a straight edge and
patience.  After that, aligned the jet, piston dropped great, car ran super!!!

Good luck!

John
Oostburg, WI
'60 BT7
'60 Mini
'80 TR7 (freshly repainted Carmine red!)
'69 AA
'57 Isetta
Etc.