'70 GT6 problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '70 GT6 problems
From: naldous@ccgmail.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:23:52 -040007:25:45 AM
Hello All,
My name is Nathan and a new list member.  I recently purchased a '70 GT6
MK2.  Fun little car.  Lately I ahve been having a problem with it running.
I changed the plugs and added oil to the dashpot.  Unfortunately I added
too much oil so I took the carbs apart, drained out the oil, and added back
some oil but much much less.  So the problem is now that when I am driving
the car, it doesn't want to accelerate well. It sputters badly like it is
not advancing correctly or something.  Any ideas on what it could be?
Regards,
Nathan