Re: '70 GT6 problems

To: naldous@ccgmail.com
Subject: Re: '70 GT6 problems
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:03:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Nathan:

If the car idles well, but sputters on acceleration, this sounds to me like
it's ignition related, but it could be any number of things.  You can eliminate
many variables this way:

1)  Check the compression.
2)  Check the valve gaps.
3)  Check the timing and renew ignition components as necessary.  Check for
bright blue spark at the plugs, too.
4)  Check the carb settings -- air flow, idle and mixture.

I know this sounds like Mechanics 101, but going through this process carefully
usually solves problems.

As Dave pointed out, you should also ascertain that you reassembled the carbs
correctly.
I also think your problems were probably not related previously to the level of
your damper oil.
Good luck...
--
Martin Secrest