Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Subject: Re: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:10:22 -0400
Cc: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "David Greed"
>Dave

The motor is undoubtedly taller, though by how much I do not know. I don't
believe it was that much different though...

David Greed
<

Considering that the TR6 engine just clears the bonnet I would think that
the OHC model would not fit without adding a bulge whereas the SD1 (or
2500S) being a saloon is a taller car with a taller engine compartment.

The TR7 engine is of the OHC design but it is angled over (because it is
part of a V8) and, as a consequence ,fits.

I think an OHC version of the TR6 motor would have been really neat and
could have kept the TR6 competitive with the Datsun 240Z (which, BTW, had
it's motor angled over about 30 degrees) but I also think if it were kept
verticle the bonnet would need modification (a la MGC).

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA