RE: 4.3 ltr. Triumph

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Subject: RE: 4.3 ltr. Triumph
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:51:23 +1000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>, "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, "[unknown]" <fot@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Why not just put a turbo on the six?

Bob Hutton

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of David Massey
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2000 12:12
To: David Greed
Cc: R. John Lye; Jack W. Drews; [unknown]; [unknown]; T.R. Householder

Message text written by "David Greed"
>The Rover 2600 OHC crossflow motor installed in the SD1 saloon is very
similar in size to the 2000/2500 motor, in fact 2500 saloons were converted
to run these motors when they were in development. Standard output is in
the
region of 150 bhp, so I would expect that some quite reasonable output
would
be available with little effort. Apparently, some of the parts (eg. the
crankshaft) are very similar and I understand that much of the SD1 was
designed by Triumph anyway.

David Greed
<

Question:  Would not the over head cam make the engine taller?  And would a
taller engine fit under the bonnet of a TR6?  (OK, that's two questions.)

Dave