RE: Undercoating removal

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Undercoating removal
From: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 10:28:42 -0400
When I restored my TR4A many years ago, I had it undercoated.  The boys
at Ziebart got a little carried away and coated the engine compartment
also.  Looked like hell, but there it was.  A few years ago I had the
engine out and decided to see what it would take to clean it up.  Most
came off with a putty knife since Ziebart never completely hardens.  The
remainder rubbed off with rags soaked in paint thinner .  The whole job
was surprisingly easy, one of the few times I can say this about my
car.  Not sure I would want to do the entire underside and frame this
way, but it is good for some areas.

Alan

--
Alan T. Crane