Re: Undercoating removal

To: "Alan Myers" <reagntsj@ricochet.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Undercoating removal
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:10:37 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks, Allen.

This stuff may be the answer to my prayers.  BTW, I had a professional
restoration guy recommend a propane torch to heat and remove undercoating,
so don't feel so badly.  I wasn't interested in attempting this approach
however.  Might work well on a totally stripped tub, however.    I think
it's interesting that Eastwood sells the aerosol remover and cleaner for
$9.99 each, but the "kit" that includes two scrapers costs $59.99.  Forty
bucks for two scrapers?  I think not!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!