Re: TR6 PI: Lucas pump part needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 PI: Lucas pump part needed
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 13:10:00 +0200
Date sent:              Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:32:40 -0400
To:                     triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
From:                   Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject:                TR6 PI:  Lucas pump part needed
Send reply to:          Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>

Still struggling to get the Bosch fuel pump system working, but without
success, so I need to try the "final" solution --- use the Lucas pump!!!

But I'm missing the brush carrier plate that fits inside the Lucas fule
pump electric motor.  Does any kind lister have a spare that I can buy to
get me going? (I've got spare brushes for the plate).  We've got an autox
next weekend, and I really want to try out the PI system so would
appreciate any help.

Thanks

Tony
Midland, MI

Hi Tony,
I'm afraid that the problem is probably not lying in the fuel pump,but
is a general fuel injection system problem.I think it must be much
easier to find a suitable Bosch pump than any parts for a Lucas
pump in the States. I would not go the Lucas way anyhow,don't
ask me why.I gave you the specifications of a Bosch pump that
prove to work with the CAV filter system, if positioned below the
filter level, but as Graham indicated its not the way to do it. Bosch
are not suction pumps and they have to be gravity fed. Watch out
for second hand pumps, as they very often originate from electronic
injection systems working at only 3.5 to 4 bars.It is very frustrating
to see you struggeling with your system, would you be in Europe
we could make it working in no time.
Sorry that I can't send you one of my pumps via E-mail.
Regards and good luck.
Jean - Belgium