Re: Battery selection for TR4

To: Dean_Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Subject: Re: Battery selection for TR4
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 2 2000 10:54:18 GMT-0400
Cc: "'Triumphs@Autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

>I'd like to get some feedback from folks with experiences with any of these
>designs in an early TR.

Dean,

I used an AutoZone battery that was top rated by consumer reports for quality
and they had a size that looks just like the original size used back in the
sixties.  The bonus is the amp/hr rating is clos to 900 almost 2 1/2 times the
capacity of the old batteries.  This comes in handy with the TR need to crank
the engine a little in cold weather.  I also like go light on the chocke a bit
to crank a little in warm weather to start the oil up the passages.

I can look up the model number... but they have the TRs in their computer and
it calls out the right part number.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260L  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html