Re: TR brakes

To: fogbro1 <fogbro1@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: TR brakes
From: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mmdf-warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at mail.virginia.edu
I would agree wholeheartedly with Ed.  My TR-3A and TR-4 have the most
effective brakes I's ever seen on anything but the most high-performance
cars.  And all this without the need of a stupid power assist, like my
TR-6!  The only improvement that might have been made, is ABS, but then,
they did not have it in the '50's and 60's!

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, fogbro1 wrote:

> List,
>
> Any TR* built after the introduction of disk brakes should stop like the
> "Hand of God" was pushing on the front apron. If it does not, there's
> something very wrong with the car's braking system. I wouldn't look to
> improving that car's brake design, but to fixing (repairing) the system.
>
> *TR3,4,250,6; the one's I know
>
> Ed Woods

James A. Ruffner