Battery selection for TR4

To: "'Triumphs@Autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery selection for TR4
From: Dean_Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:09:54 -0400
I know this has been discussed before, but I was unable to get concrete
information from the archives.

Now that I'm nearing completion of the reassembly, I need to get a new
battery for the TR4.  I've been considering one of the new technology
batteries, such as the Exide Orbital or Optima products.  The big appeal is
long-life and no leakage.  The down side of both these batteries is the
cost: $125 - $175.  I also investigated the Westco battery that's popular
with the Miata crowd, but it seems sensitive to fast charging, and I'm
afraid that my 35 year old charging system design may be too brutal.

I'd like to get some feedback from folks with experiences with any of these
designs in an early TR.

Thanks.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4 (CT 37089 L)