Re: Battery selection for TR4

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery selection for TR4
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 18:42:30 -0700
Alan Myers wrote:

> I am extremely impressed with the red top Optima battery...

> Downside is the expense... And, it looks entirely too high
> tech under the hood of a TR4... several of us have discussed making a
> dummy "Lucas black box" battery to sit the Optima inside!

One of our local club members did just that with his modern battery.  He carved
up an old battery (obtained gratis from a recycler) removing the bottom and back
and slips the shell over his battery.  He's made connections so the posts on the
shell are live and has added the cell connectors which are easily molded from
lead.  Here's the result:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/craigs-battery.jpg

Yes, it's in his MGTD but his other cars are TRs 3, 4, 6 & Stag.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ