Re: What's Happening to the Paint?

To: <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What's Happening to the Paint?
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:07:07 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thanks for the idea, Greg.  Funny thing is, the Maguiar's #1 Cleaner
completely gets rid of the spots, temporarily, which I couldn't do before
the rub-out with 2000 grit.  Then I polish.  Then wax.  It takes just about
6 hours of sunlight before the spots start to become visible again (under
strong reflected light).  The Zymol you are recommending is probably a
polymere-based product like Nu Finish (I'm just guessing) and this is
basically what Maguiar's recommended I use.  Their Professional
Sealant/Protectant is the same sort of stuff, only with more expensive
ingredients (again, I'm guessing that Zymol is inexpensive!---so maybe you
can tell me more about it---what kind of animal it is, etc.).  Maguiar's
makes zillions of different products, so you have to pick and choose
carefully.  I don't know if that's why you didn't have any luck.  But the
point is, I can get the paint to look great---for a week!  Then the ghosts
reappear.  Was that your problem?

--Phil