Restyled TSOA badge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Restyled TSOA badge
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:07:30 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi, Folks. I have one of the last issues of the TSOA Newsletter, Volume 27,
Number 3 (July-Sept, 1981) to be precise. On the last (back) page, there is
a picture and article "New Badge for Triumph Sports Owners Association". The
first paragraphs read "A limited number of the handsome new TSOA badges and
lapel pins is now available. Ordered before cancellation of TR production,
these emblems are green with gold lettering and will be an attractive
addition for Triumph club members' collections." "The lapel pins have
hand-fired enamel and gold plating. Car badges are coated with weather-proof
acrylic and come complete with mounting bracket."

The new badge was round, with a combo of the globe and laurel wreath symbols
(no longer the shield) and were 3.5 inches in diameter. The cost of the
badges and pins were $9.50 and $2.00 respectively, and were ordered from
Jaguar-Rover-Triumph Inc. at the time. I have never seen either one of these
items, as compared with the original TSOA badge & pins (I own a couple of
both). Anyone got a pic of an example anywhere? This newer badge hasn't even
turned up on Ebay to my knowledge, so it MUST be rare!

Also, the editor of the TSOA was a person named John F. Dugdale. Anyone know
if he is still around?

Cheers, JD