Re: What's Happening to the Paint?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's Happening to the Paint?
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:34:23 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
Maguiar's technical assistant chuckled at the idea of using a one-year
"sealant/protectant" over wax, as suggested by "The Dealer's Choice" car
care website.  I thought this sounded stupid---and so it was.  Any such
product you apply to wax will simply, and redundantly, lift the wax off.
Maguiar's also scoffed at the idea of a "one-year" protectant as false
advertising.

My final strategy is (1) Deep Chrystal Cleaner, (2) ditto Polish, and (3)
#20 Professional (read expensive) Polymere-Sealant for the top coat, which
they say is best for UV protection (ostensibly what's bringing the
hard-water spots back from the dead)---though they rather honestly suggested
that I was probably fighting a losing battle.  Since the finish looks great
to the casual observer, I'll live with the "strong reflected light"
spotting.  Case closed.

--Phil Haldeman