Re: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?

To: Chip19474@aol.com
Subject: Re: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:01:06 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 Chip19474@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 00-04-05 15:41:20 EDT, amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:
>
> << if you REALLY want showroom condition, there should be traces of
>  cosmoline around various edges of trim strips and lamps; little "spec"
>  stickers or traces of same on lamp lenses; >>
>
> yes, yes, yes...thanks Andy for the trip back 30 years...I do remember the
> cosmoline...it was a little easier to miss the spots on my '69 because the
> car was Jasmine....of course, the best place to find spare fastners and clips
> was in the spare tire well - too bad I never kept those odds-n-ends!

Well, I usually did, whenever I came across them. I didn't keep the extra
brazing rods -- painted Pimento -- that I found in the trunk of a '74
Spitfire 1500, but I did keep the door sill finishers that I found hidden
under the trunk mat of dad's '64 1200 convertible -- FOUR YEARS after we'd
bought the car new. Oh, and the spare set of keys taped to the bottom of
the windscreen washer bottle: kept them, too....

--Andy