Re: Wood Dash repair

To: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>, "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wood Dash repair
From: "Rob Robertson" <robandmaggie@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:21:20 -0800
David,
I haven't looked at a TR4 dash but I've done a lot of work with teak on
boats. If the teak or teak veneer is still all there, soak it with teak oil.
It's amazing how much the wood will expand. If there are any cracks that
don't close up, you can fill them with resin and teak dust. Just be patient
in the soaking process. The oil's been evaporating out of it a long time.
When you seal it, be sure to seal the whole thing to keep it from warping.
Rob
TR3a in Seatle