Re: Weird things in this cardboard box

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Subject: Re: Weird things in this cardboard box
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:19:48 -0500 ()
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Kai M. Radicke wrote:

> A column mounted tachometer.  This is an aftermarket product made by Sun
> Electric Co of Chicago Illinois.  It is a Sun Super Tach SST-806, which
> reads up to 8000 RPM and had a setable redline.  But it is an electric
> tach...

A true '60s classic. One of those or similar was mounted on the steering
column of half the cars in my high school student parking area. Of course,
it was irrelevant that said cars were mostly six-cylinder Chevies with
Powerglide two-speed automatics; the tachs made those cars much, MUCH
FASTER! :-)

Are there any three-gauge "clusters" from RAC or Stewart-Warner in the
box? That was the other hot speed item in the parking lot.

--Andy