RE: Mystery Engine Found in Mayflower

To: Bill Miller <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: RE: Mystery Engine Found in Mayflower
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Bill Miller wrote:

> is a BMC engine, NOT a triumph engine.  15GC-U-H 18911:  15 means 1500cc ,
> GC means Austin(?) or Healey(?) , U means center change gearbox (NOT close
> ratio) , H means High Compression Engine , 18911 is the serial number of the
> engine (number made)
>
> If anyone knows what MOWOG stands for, I'm curious!

I think it means MOrris WOrks Garage, but that could be wrong.

Somewhat like "FoMoCo" on the side of a carbeurettor I've got in the
basement.

Perhaps you're supposed to mutter the word whilst wrenching your Austin /
MG / Morris engine?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm