Re: Mystery Engine Found in Mayflower

Subject: Re: Mystery Engine Found in Mayflower
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:26:10 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
This is a BMC "B" series engine.  In single carb form (SU), they were fitted
to the Morris Oxford/Austin A50 and Wolesley 1500.  In twin carb form they
were fitted to the MGA and Riley 1.5.  MOWOG is an identifier for BMC parts,
I think a carryover from Morris before the merger with Austin.  Does the
engine have one or two carbs?