Fuel Leak

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Leak
From: Paulwillou@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:54:23 EDT
Hello Listers:

I have only had my TR4, my first, for 11 days.  Smelled fuel this morning.
Popped hood and found that the fuel pump/filter made by "AC, made in
England," was leaking.  There were 6 screws on top that were loose.  I
tightened them up and the leak seems to have stopped.

Is this normal?  Does the fuel pump need to be replaced?

Also, the build number on the driver side of my car is CT29734LO, but there
is a small tag on the passenger side that says 29864CT.  Why are these 2
numbers different?  Is this second tag the engine number?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Newbie - Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA