Painting a new TR6 body shell

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting a new TR6 body shell
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:47:32 EDT
I am about to have my new British Heritage body painted but I have couple of
questions for anybody who has done this before.  My painting shop wants to
paint all the panels, doors and hoods off the shell.  In restorations I have
seen in the past, the seams on the rear quarter panels seemed as if they were
painted on the shell, ie there were no gaps or unpainted seams.  The same
appearance is seen in the front body panels on the lower side by the turn
signal.  If these panels are painted off the shell, how are those seams
sealed?  I have seen these areas rust out quickly in two other restorations.
Thanks in advance.
Harry M