Name that goo.

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Name that goo.
From: "frank" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:12:10 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

While topping up the oil in my TR6's engine this morning I noticed a
pink (!) coloured goo/sludge on the underside of the oil filler cap, along
with normal (black) engine oil. Oil on the dipstick, and the stuff still
pooled on the top of the head are both normal looking, though. Anyone
have any idea what the hell that stuff was (I cleaned it off)? I know that
the head needs rebuilding sometime soon as the valve guides leak
- could that have something to do with it (maybe something to do with
oil in combination with exhaust gases)?

Thanks for your speculation....

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI