RE: TRanny/diff work.

To: "'Jim Davis'" <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: TRanny/diff work.
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:19:46 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
you folks sound unbelievable (in the sense that I can't really get it.
You talk about parts cars for 300-400$$, and then you flog od trannys for
lots of bucks.
Situation here is the other way round. I get an od tranny for say 150££ but
have to pay say at least 1000££ for a parts car. Sounds to me this is the
right way round. As to the price, well sorry if you have the money lying
around in big wads, yeah sounds ok. If you are more of on a budget, no, far
too expensive. Plus why would you want to rebuild your diff when its working
ok, its not much of a job getting the diff out so I wouldn't do it just for
the heck of doing it while I'm there. Bit like, I'll buy a new printer and
while I do that, what the heck, I'll throw in a new monitor as well, old one
works nicely, but then it could fail in say ten years....
Sorry for graphic violence, grievance ecaused, upsetting anyone etc.

Cheers, Gernot