TR6 Clutch Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Clutch Problems
From: gspens <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:01:22 -0400
Help,
    I have had my 70 TR6 for about 1 month now, and was finally (I
thought) to the point of driving her.  The carbs need cleaned and
adjusted and she wouldn't go into reverse.  Being that she has been
sitting for over 12 years, and needed here master cyl. rebuilt, I wasn't
worried about the clutch, figuring that the master and slave for the
clutch needed rebuilt as well to fully disengage the clutch.  So I
rebuilt the master and slave, used silicone Dot 5 started her up, and .
. .   now the clutch is worse, I can't get her into any gear.  I reblead
the system, but no luck.  My questions, 1)Is there a good way to get all
the trapped air out of the slave? 2)If it isn't air in the system, what
could I possibly have done to worsen the clutch simply by removing and
rebuilding the master and slave? 3)How hard is it to drop the tranny if
need be, and what am I looking for if the problem is actually in the
tranny as opposed to the hydraulic system?
    I realize most everyone is at VTR, but any help would be
appreciated.  I'm sure there are a few of us unfortunate enough not to
go ;~)  .

Graham Spencer
70 TR6 (no clutch)
73 TR6 (needs and engine transplant)