Brake Lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Lines
From: Eric Miller <emiller@xprt.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:45:21 -0700
Hi -

I'm in the process of fabricating new brake lines for my 4A, and am looking
for some advice from someone who has done this already.  I have been
practicing my flares on some spare tubing and the double flares turn out
fine, but but can't seem to get the bubble flares right.  The flaring tool
I'm  using is from Harbor Freight, so that may be where the problem.  When
I compare the bubble flares that I've done to the originals, mine are a lot
flatter (instead of a 45 degree flare, they are maybe 20 degrees).  I'm
sure it's the 3/16 die that came with the flaring kit, but should I look
for another die that would make the correct bubble flare, or just take it
somewhere and have it done for me...or maybe what I have done will work?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric Miller
65 TR4A