Triumphs vs. MGs...whatsa scoop?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphs vs. MGs...whatsa scoop?
From: "Shapiro - Kenneth J." <kshapiro@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 09:20:04 -0400 (EDT)

OK...I just bought my first Triumph (1970 GT6). Though I've
owned and restored many other cars (Corvette, Porsche, Lotus),
a Lotus Europa was my only venture into the Lucas world of
darkness. So, I'm curious, what's the general comparison
between Triumph and MG? As a "newbie: into this arena, it seems
that Triumphs have always been more powerful. Is my perception\
accurate? How does body work compare...is one more rust prone
than the other? Was quality comparable or not.

I know this is a Triumph group, but let go the bias, and tell
me what both sides think.

ken