Re: skinny TR3 spare tire

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: skinny TR3 spare tire
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:02:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'wghook@earthlink.net'" <wghook@earthlink.net>
I tried a cheap brand for my '60 and had the same problem, but a Michelin
ZXZ  (or is it XZX?) fit fine since the profile was more rounded.  But I
understand that the spare compartment is smaller on a '57.

I'd toyed with the idea of buying a can of instant patch goop and leaving
the spare at home so I'd have extra luggage space on long weekends.  When's
the last time you saw a total tire "blow out"?

You could deflate your spare enough to fit and carry a can of that goop to
re-inflate if required....