tr6 engine bearings

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr6 engine bearings
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 07:35:06 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

Some questions about replacing the main & rod bearing shell son a TR6...

I am trying to acquire all the pieces I might need for an upcoming in-place
main & rod bearing replacement on my TR6. Although I think I looked in all
the right places, I cannot find any listings for new main bearing cap bolts.
I looked in TRF, Moss, VB and Rimmer catalogs and none of these show these
bolts. Am I looking in the wrong places? Where is the listing for main cap
bolts?

On a related note, is there a trick to avoid damaging the front engine plate
gasket when replacing the front main bearing? It looks like that gasket
might sustain damage when the front sealing block is removed.

Any other thoughts or suggestions on this seemingly straightforward task?

Thanks as always.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO