Re: tr6 engine bearings

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 engine bearings
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:28:22 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Fred,

I agree with your comments about head bolts and in particular head bolt
nuts and washers.   I retained my head bolts, as they passed the test of
spinning a new head nut down the bolt to check for thread stretch.  But I
did replace the nuts with new black ones from TRF and used new grade 8
washers.

But, at least for TR4s, I did not see the need to replace main and rod
bolts.... if they were not damaged for reason.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html (Big Update on 6/13/99)