Re: TR6 Timing

To: Johntr6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Timing
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 22:44:36 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John:

On my '70 TR6, if I set the timing at the recommended 12 degrees
BTDC I get terrible "pinging" under heavey load. I get the best results
if I retard the timing to 4 degrees BTDC. At this setting the engine
pulls strong and little if any pinging (I use 93 octane).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6