Re: [TR6] camshaft replacement: any "tricks"?

To: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Subject: Re: [TR6] camshaft replacement: any "tricks"?
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:38:10 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hate to tell you but you have to remove the head in order to change the
lifters.  I would replace all of the timing gears while it is apart and a
new tensioner. would check the rocker shaft for wear and rockers for wear.
they are very prone to wear on the undersides.  I would put a new camshaft
keeper plate.  you probably also want to replace the front crank seal.  I
don't think you need to pull the front plate, but it may make removal a
little bit easier, and if it is seeping oil you may want to replace the
gasket.  Hope that helps.

aaron